Friday, January 27, 2006

I don't know

I feel like I am at a weird point in my life. It's like I'm just surviving and not really living. It's nobody's fault but mine too. I'm already having memories of writing a similar post to this one, but not much has changed since that time. I don't know why I feel like this either and that's kind of the scary part. It's like when you feel so depressed and don't want to do anything. Yet, the only thing is that I don't really feel sad or anything. Perhaps it's lack of motivation mixed in with being isolated that just keeps me in my house waiting for another day to pass. I actually enjoy being at work because there I have social interaction, as well as a way of being productive. But not so much the case for the rest of my life. Not that I need to be productive all the time, but I'd like to at least enjoy myself a little more. It is weird though...i act like a silly goober around my parents. I am a happy little ball of excitement at times. I don't know what's happening to be honest. I'm having problems going to sleep at night because I don't feel productive. I feel unsatisfied. I don't know how to change it. It's like I don't have something that I look forward to each day. So what do I do? I sleep or plop myself in front of the television once i finally get up. Again, it's like experiencing the symptoms of depression without being sad. I am finding myself being lonely, but wanting to isolate myself. I don't know what the heck I am doing. I don't know where I am going. I guess that's another thing. I'm looking for some sort of direction in my life. And I don't need a sign from God to tell me what to do. I'd take a strong hunch at this point. I just...don't know.

4 comments:

mel said...

I don't know either, but I think you might need to just do something. anything. get out of the house, see the sun, force yourself out of bed and go for a jog, BEFORE 5pm. :) yeah, that's all.

Anonymous said...

I know what you can do. Come visit me. There are people around here (not just me) who will be happy to do stuff with you. We could play tennis, enjoy the 90 degree weather, and you could see life in the Philippines. It would be something different, and maybe point you towards something you want to really do for a while. I've offered this before, you know. How much direction from me will it take? Your passport lets you stay here for up to 21 days. It's a city, though a smaller one, and I'm here!

Matt said...

I will start looking into times when I could take time off from work.

mel said...

Captain! I've been telling him that for a while now too... of course, we both know he never listens to me (probably for good reason!)