Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lost intimacy

I feel overwhelmed, entangled, consumed by this cloud that lay over my heart. This feeling floods over me and nearly knocks me out. It’s like being lost when you know right where you are. It’s a feeling you can’t describe…it’s…lost intimacy. I try to ignore it, but it keeps sneaking up on me. I run away, it catches up to me. I try to fight it off, but it won’t leave me alone. It lingers around me as if it’s mocking me. It's Life, love, hope, faith, it’s all being choked out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting analogy. I was out in the ocean last week and somebody asked if I wanted to swim from the boat we were on to the other one that was anchored about 400 yards away. I said yes, even though I'd never swam that far before. About halfway there I was a little bit tired, but not exhausted, and I started thinking about drowning. I didn't think anybody could save me (even though my co-swimmer was about 8 feet away). I prayed for help in my state of ascendency-to-panic. Just then I became conscious of something that was not there before: a current going in my direction.