Saturday, January 21, 2006

job upate

So, I'm still at my work. I work 1-11 on Tuesday, 11-9 overnight on Tuesday, 1-11 on Wednesday and 1-11 on Thursday. I cram 40 hours into 3 days in order to stay at my job and not have to commute. And I have 4 days off, but still work full time. It's great! I sleep at Melinda's house on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll find another place as well so that I don't bog her and her husband down by being there ever week...can I just say how humbling this whole process is? I can?! Thanks. I think it is an act of love to allow yourself to be loved. When you don't allow compliments from others and you don't allow yourself to be served by others, you do not allow the other person the ability to experience the full joy of loving and serving you. The tough part is sometimes we need other people. Whether it's a place to stay or maybe an ear to listen or maybe some advice. Regardless, I've found it completely humbling. I want to "earn my way" while living there, but I think (though that is admirable to want to give back) that is almost cheapening the hospitality and courtesy of my hosts.

I am at a point in my life where I don't know how much new stuff I want to share on the blog as I feel like I may be at a point where I want to do more learning myself and not pretend to have a lot of answers, because lately I have been feeling like I know less and less. The tough part is that the more I learn, the more I want to share. It's natural for me and it's even a way for me to learn the subject more deeply...by explaining it through the blog, for instance. If I write something on here, it may or may not be new. It may be something that I wrote down in my journal a while ago, but never posted on the blog. I think right now I want to learn more and I want to DO more. I want to play tennis again. I miss that. I was really good before. I mean, it was division 3 tennis, but i won the conference championship. More importantly, I enjoy life when i play. I want to DO more things that I enjoy. I don't want to just survive life and I don't want to keep waiting for something to happen for me. Sometimes we have to take some action ourselves. Sorry, I had to give myself a pep talk!:) What the heck DO I want to do with my life? Could someone tell me? hehe.

No comments: