Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Is love worth the risk?

So is love worth the risk? The virgin of love is quick to say yes!
For he hasn’t broken in that deep deep place,
Where he can’t be healed save the Lord’s grace.
To be poured out as a drink offering, and not bemoan
Putting another’s best interests in front of his own
To love another deeply, to the exclusion of oneself
Is the richest form of love in and of itself
So is love worth the risk? The wise must confess,
This sacrificial love is God in the flesh
Proof of Him in us and that our spirits mesh
Though the pain and the hurt be almost too much
His love makes it possible to love as such
Though there be no pain like unrequited love
I have a secret I pray you take hold of
Instead of trying to love for love
Experience the joy of loving out of love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful! I've been a fan of your blog for a while, not really sure how I found you. I think, maybe it was through a Greg Boyd site, I'm a fan of his also. Anyway I'm glad I found you. Your writings are so exceptional, they really touch my heart and makes me think. Ok, I sound so stupid compared to your writings, no one wants to hear my comments anyway, please keep writing. I'll keep reading....

Kelli

The D said...

Where'd you get that?

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

Kelli, I like your comments. it makes everyone else think i'm really smart:)

D, I wrote that months ago. I recently edited it a little.

The D said...

I'm impressed. Very nice. Miss you man, hope life is good.