Thursday, December 22, 2005

my stuff and Tony Dungy

I have dedicated myself for the past couple of weeks to be positive. To rejoice with those who rejoice. To stop feeling sorry for me. I think I will continue that...for a while anyways:)

quick update on my job: I got a $25 simon gift card from work, a sweatshirt, some fudge, and a $1000 merit based bonus. Yes, a MERIT based bonus. They don't like to do merit based anything, so that's very satisfying. Oh...and another 3% retroactive raise (from July). Remind me again why I'm leaving the job:)

WOW. So I just got done reading an article on ESPN.com about the tragic death (apparent suicide) of Tony Dungy's 18 year old son. A couple of thoughts came to my mind. First, it reminded me some times in my own life when I just wished my life would end, and then I wouldn't have to deal with all the hurt. And one of the first thoughts that always came to my mind was how my parents would react. I would just keep picturing them just beside themselves with grief. A parent should never have to bury a child. It's not supossed to work that way! The writer on ESPN, who has seen his parents bury two of his brothers, stated, "For the first few days, a parent doesn't go from hour to hour, but rather lives from one breath to the next, because the pain is so psychologically debilitating." I was also touched by another quote by this writer: "Strong people of faith are not defined by what they do for a living but, rather, how they live what they do. Tony Dungy is one of those people." May our prayers truly be with the Dungy family and friends!

No comments: