Tuesday, July 26, 2005

2nd try...

I wrote a looong blog, but can't put it on the internet yet. So, you get this hand-me-down for today:)

I need a job where I make more money. I say it all the time, one of these days I will find something. I just don't know where to start looking or what's out there...but i gotta start...

I was at the gym last night and noticed an attractive girl walk towards this guy that she was apparently dating. She seemed sweet and asked him some questions about how she is supossed to do a certain kind of workout. He gave her an attitude, and acted as if she was bothering him. It reminded me how ladies are attracted to jerky guys. Debate it if you must, but it is generally true. It's a mystery of life.

There is a new church coming to Danvers that I will be checking out. One reason that John Paul Jackson felt called to have a Streams Ministries Bridge Church in the area is because he said God called him to do something that isn't being done in this area. One big focus of the church is to identify and use our God-given gifts. Many Christians don't have a clue what their gifts are and how to use them to serve one another, but one of their goals is to help people identify and develop those giftings. "Everyone will be involved" he said. "Some of you may not like that." I think they are looking to be heavily involved in prayer and prophetically hearing from God, but will spend just as much time just getting to know one another in fellowship and in finding ways to serve. I think the youth group in Framingham goes to the mall every friday to pray with people that they meet there and have had some great responses to that. The church wants to have a way to help single mothers by providing "handy men" of the church to help them out with fix-it issues. The point is that the church wants to find ways for everyone to be taken care of and for everyone to be able to use their talents. It is both very spiritual and very practical. That's the heart of it anyway. I just hope it is real. i've been to too many church where the church is either dead or they are putting on a performance. I pray this will be different. The Framingham church is having a Saturday night passion worship service this Saturday. All are welcome!:)

3 comments:

Thatgirl7278 said...

Ah yes, but nice guys are attracted to "hot girls" they allegedly "can't have". Thus the cycle of (screwy) dating.

Matt said...

point of clarification: GUYS are attracted to "hot girls" not just nice guys. I know we're speaking generally here, so i don't feel bad saying this...guys are jerks...so yup, the cycle continues...

Thatgirl7278 said...

Good call. Here, here! For generalizations! Woo.