Monday, February 06, 2006

quick recap of Super Bowl XL

Seahawks=missed opportunities. Some costly penalties, dropped passes and missed coverages.

Steelers=Big Ben was terrible. Their 3-4 defense did well against the run, even on the left side of the dominant Seattle offensive line. Lucky.

The referees stole the opportunity for Seattle to win the game. Not only were some of the calls bad, but the timing of the calls was terrible. It would have been nice to see the refs not influence the game so much. If this would have happened to the Patriots, I'd still be frothing at the mouth. However, right now I just feel bad for Seattle.

I thought the commercials were better than people give them credit for.

3 comments:

Denice said...

completely agree about the calls - all the folks I watched the game with felt like the win for the steelers wasn't really that sweet considering what felt like an obvious bias by the refs. I defintely feel for seattle right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow joeyhill, what a heartfelt and completely sincere message. You found the blog inquisitive? Is that supposed to be a compliment? You mean provocative? Evocative? Insightful? Reflective? Inspiring? See what I did just there? I was being inquisitive...

Hey Matt. I didn't get to see the Superbowl. I was on a bus with 45 middle schoolers at kick-off time. Sorry you were disappointed with the refereeing. Perhaps you can do some inquiring.

Speaking of which, has your inquisitive nature turned up anything about visiting me? That'd be sweet.

About the last comment I left, about the dates, I was talking about 2 women in particular with whom you spent intimate time. Think carefully...

Did I tell you before my theories on seeing women as potential-wives as being a bizarre form of objectification. Why don't you decide for yourself right now that for the next X months, you will not pursue a romantic relationship. That way, even if there is a woman you are interested in dating, your hands are tied. She won't reject you because you can only be friends anyway. And if she rejects you as a friend, why were you interested in her?

The D said...

Captain has a point Matt, er, HW.