Wednesday, September 07, 2005

rambling

And IIIII'm spent! I pity the fool who didn't see the Agassi-Blake match last night. Was it THE greatest match of all time? No. It was definitely ONE of the most enjoyable matches I have ever seen. I'd say more, but I'm speechless.

Baseball season is slowly winding to and end with playoffs quickly approaching. On top of that, football is starting up! First game is tonight! When so much else in life is frustrating, it's great to be able to retreat to meaningless activities like watching sports. What is it about sports that makes me feel euphoric at times? Chances are, there's something wrong with me, but I'm ok with that for now.

OK. This is where I am at now. I don't need to figure out where I will be going when i move out of my parents house (i haven't even got there yet), but there is a lot of thinking that I have to do. Trying to figure out what stirs my heart, what I really feel alive doing. What do I want to do? What kinds of things am I really good at? Do I have certain gifts/abilities? What are they? When I figure that out, I will at least have some direction into where to go. Whether I go to Colorado, South Carolina, Maine, or wherever to live and start life. Perhaps I will go to seminary and do that. Maybe I will want to just go somewhere to serve. Just spend some time completely focused on other people, getting my eyes completely off of me for a while and spend my time on behalf of others. Maybe that will be a mission field maybe some christian organization, i don't know. obviously, i don't know. I have some time though. Good thing my parents are letting me stay and give me some time to think things through. It'll be nice to be able to save up some money.

7 comments:

Thatgirl7278 said...

Good luck w/your upcoming adventures... and if life brings you by SA, TX - I have a very comfy couch you're welcome to borrow.
hasta!

Anonymous said...

Matt speaking for the both of us, it will be good to have you home, time for you to lay back and ponder the future for your self we think you need to have that time. " not only that the grass needs cutting" just kidding everything is ready just need your stuff and you. Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Howdy pardner. Hate to break this to ya', but your life started about a quarter of a century ago. I would like to encourage you not to wait for direction or focus. Go try stuff. Fall gloriously on your face as you try things you can't do. Impress everyone as you try stuff you do with excellence. Go live. But first have a good time with your parents.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you will see this, as it is long past the time you wrote it...but I just had to say that...I know how you feel, more than I thought I did. I went back through this blog and read, and read, and thought, and thought, and well...I hear Minnesota is nice.

Anonymous said...

How's it feel without the D? He's gone now, right?

mel said...

update, punk :)

Anonymous said...

Please write again. I miss reading your writings. You made a positive change in my life.
Thank-you! Encore, Encore