Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Some meaningless banter

Evaluations and "Moving on": We are doing evaluations at my work again. I actually feel good about mine this year because I answered honestly, and though there are no monetary rewards for doing well on the evaluations, I still am excited to see what the managers have to say. I'm actually very good at my job, so in that way, I find it fulfilling. However, I feel like my time there is quickly nearing an end as it is time for me to move on to something else. I will probably never find another job that is as relaxed and where I have as much freedom and flexibility as I do in this job. I love parts of the job, but I can't stay there just because it's easy. "I have to choose between what's right and what's easy." I sense God leading me in another direction. Unfortunately, I am not sure what that is yet. I think I am ready to follow where He leads, but I still fear if I really will do what is called of me. I was wondering just the other day...what if God called me to be a missionary in a remote part of the world? Ashamedly, my first thought was, "I wonder if I could take a furlough every football season, and come back to America, watch all the games, and then go back to my missionary work." Hahaha. ahh, i amuse me:)

A quick frustration: (so many to choose from) about one of my coworkers. One of the overnight staff is pregnant again! She has no father that will stay around with the kids or pay child support, but she keeps getting pregnant. First of all, shame on those "men" who don't care at all about the women they sleep with or the child that they helped conceive...but I digress...She is not putting any thought into these kids or how she will support them. I know I know, "don't judge, you don't know what her story is." Yet, I just get frustrated with people who bleed the system dry by purposely being irresponsible. She says, "I am pregnant, and I want to have more kids too!" WHAT?! I guess it's easy to do that when myself and other people (the state) end up paying for your kids. I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but my gosh, show some intelligence.

Quick note: Last week I stayed up until 2 in the morning watching Texas Hold em Poker. What in the world is wrong with me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

something is wrong with people who stay up that long to watch others play texas hold them poker, then again it's even more so for some to force people to listen to this same person explain the game to others.


Now for the second part of the blog!!!!!!!!

And again we have an understanding God, and I am sure he would give you time off to come back to watch football, now I amuse me!

Denice said...

texas hold-em rocks - I think of the many useless things on television to watch, that one is worth it!! Who knows - you may suddenly be in vegas - and suddenly be entered in a tournament and suddenly need to know how to play REALLY well...it could happen...

Matt said...

yeah, and I could also find myself living in a fraggle cave talking to doozers...:) haha.

Thatgirl7278 said...

LOVE me some Texas Hold Em. And for some reason - it's even BETTER after midnight.

It's about as unexplainable as why Ashley Simpson has a record deal (let alone fans).

It just is.